Setting a timer mode on a smart plug is a great way of knowing that household appliances and chargers will be turned off automatically, reducing fire hazard and giving you peace of mind. Timer mode can be set up during the initial installation of a smart plug, but also after it has been set up in ON/OFF mode or in thermostat mode.
To set your Eva smart plug to timer mode, follow the steps below:
- Go to you smart plug details page in one of two ways
- Press to the room where it is placed and pressing the smart plug icon
- Go to “Administration” -> “Devices” and press the smart plug icon
- Press “Device settings”
- Press “Edit” in the top right corner
- Press “Mode” and select “Timer mode” and confirm the change
- Set the countdown time based on what appliance you have connected, e.g:
- 15 mins for a coffee machine
- 2,5 hours for a cell phone charger
- Go back to the device page and press the save icon in the top right corner
You can now turn on the smart plug by either pressing the button on the smart plug itself, or in the app, and it will automatically turn off after the set time has passed. In the app you will also be able to see how long time is left before the timer will turn off the smart plug.
You can also override this to turn it off manually both on the plug or from the app.
Logg på hvis du vil legge inn en kommentar.