The Eva Water Sensor is a smart way to detect the presence of water where it shouldn’t be. Simply place it at key locations. The water sensor will warn you with a buzzing noise if it detects moisture over time or water levels comparable to a leakage. You will also get warnings in your smart home app.
You can also use it as a temperature sensor and trigger alerts if the temperature goes over or under set limits.
Remove the top cover and open the battery compartment by first removing the screw.
Insert the CR2450 batteries provided with the product into the compartment according to the illustration.
Note: The LED light flashes alternately blue and red, indicating startup, and then displays a pattern with three short blue flashes every second, indicating pairing mode.
Install the battery cover with screw over the batteries.
Close the top cover of the water sensor by clicking it back into place.
Pairing the Water Sensor to a hub/gateway
- Follow the instructions in your smart home app to add/pair units
- If the Eva Water Sensor Is NOT in pairing mode, perform a factory reset (see below)
- Set your Hub in pairing mode using your Smart Home app and follow the instructions in the app,
A) For Eva Smart Home App: select "Eva Water Sensor," and wait for the pairing to complete. You can also scan the QR code on your device using the Eva Smart Home app to pair the water sensor with your Hub.
Press and hold the function button for at least 10 seconds to reset the water sensor and initiate the pairing mode. The water sensor will indicate pairing mode by flashing the LED light with 3 short blue flashes every second.
Placement of the Eva Water Sensor
Place the Eva Water Sensor on a flat surface where you want to detect water leaks. Ensure that the two longest metal legs of the water sensor make contact with the surface, and the middle leg is slightly above the surface. This will ensure that both moisture and leaks can be detected by the water sensor.
Note: Electrically conductive surfaces (e.g. metal, foil, etc.) may trigger unwanted alarms.
LED and buzzer indications
|Blue||Repeating: 3 short flashes, 1 second off||Pairing mode||OFF|
|Blue||1 second on/off toggle||Zigbee identify||OFF|
|Blue||Up to 10 medium flashes||Leave network: Water Sensor has been removed from the Zigbee network. Pattern will change to pairing mode pattern.||OFF|
|Blue||2 short flashes, 5 seconds off||User initiated short poll||OFF|
|Red & blue||Alternating flashing||Start up||OFF|
|Blue||2 flashes every 30 seconds||Moisture detected||OFF|
|Blue||Flashing and buzzer is on||Water alarm triggered||ON|
|Red||Flashing||No contact with the Zigbee network||OFF|
Using the button
|Press and hold for more than 10 seconds||Factory reset and start pairing mode|
|Short press||Send IAS supervision (if joined Zigbee network) and
if buzzer is active, mute buzzer for 5 minutes
|Press and hold for more than 5 seconds||Activate "Find and Bind" for endpoint 2 (Temperature Sensor).|
|More than 3 seconds and joined network||Short poll for 2 minutes|
Changing the batteries
(2 x CR2450 batteries)
- Remove the snap on top cover of the Water Sensor to get access to the battery compartment
- Unscrew the screw of the battery lid
- Insert fresh batteries, always replace all batteries with new ones
- Reinsert the battery lid and affix the screw
- Close the top cover of the Water Sensor snapping it in position again
Note: The LED will flash alternating blue and red indicating start up. The red LED may flash for a short while until the Water Sensor has reconnected to its gateway
Important safety information
- For indoor use only
- Can be used in temperatures ranging from 0 ºC to 40 ºC.
- This product is not a toy, keep out of reach of children.
- Do not place near any heating source or in direct sunlight, as this may cause overheating.
- Only use correct type of batteries. Risk of fire or explosion, if the battery is replaced by an incorrect type.
- Do not use the equipment in case of any visible damage.
- Dispose of used batteries according to instructions.
For equipment including button and coin cells
- Do not ingest battery, Chemical Burn Hazard.
- If a coin or button cell battery is swallowed, it can cause severe internal burns in just 2 hours and can lead to death.
- Keep new and used batteries away from children.
- If the battery compartment does not close securely, stop using the product and keep it away from children.
- If you think batteries might have been swallowed or placed inside any part of the body, seek immediate medical attention.
Failure to observe recommendations included in this manual may be dangerous or cause a violation of the law. The manufacturer will not be held responsible for any loss or damage.
In the box
- Eva Water Sensor
- 2 x CR2450 batteries
- Safety instructions
Information on disposal for users of waste electrical & electronic equipment
This symbol on the product and accompanying documents means that used electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) should not be mixed with general household waste. For proper treatment, recovery and recycling, please take this product to designated collection points where it will be accepted free of charge. Alternatively, in some countries, you may be able to return your products to your local retailer upon purchase of an equivalent new product.
Disposing of this product correctly will help save valuable resources and prevent any potential negative effects on human health and the environment, which could otherwise arise from inappropriate waste handling. Please contact your local authority for further details of your nearest designated collection point. Penalties may be applicable for incorrect disposal of this waste, in accordance with your national legislation.
Software updates can be released by the manufacturer to fix bugs or enhance functionality after the product has been released. Updated software versions released will not impact continued compliance with applicable rules.
IP Class: IP 20 (indoor)
Radio protocol: Zigbee 3.0 & HA
Frequency: 2400-2483,5 MHz (IEEE 802.15.4)
Transmission power: 3dBm
Operating temperature: 0 to +40 °C
Storage temperature: -10 to +55 °C
Operating voltage: DC 3V
Declaration of Conformity
Datek Smart Home AS declares that the equipment described in this document, is in compliance with the essential requirements and other relevant provisions of EU Directive 2014/53/EU. If you require a copy of the original signed DoC, please visit https://hjelp.evasmart.no/hc/no or scan QR code that can be found on the packaging of this product and select documents for your product.
Datek Smart Home AS