This Meter Reader connects to your AMS electricity meter through the HAN port and reads your electricity consumption in real time. Connected to your Smart home it gives you an updated overview of your power consumption in real time.
The Meter Reader supports all AMS electricity meters, including Aidon, Kamstrup and Kaifa.
Open the HAN Port
The HAN port is initially closed, and you must inform the utility company that you want to open it. You can do this on their website or by calling the utility company's customer service.
Open the Eva Smart Home app.
Add a new device and choose Eva Meter Reader
Scan the QR code on the meter reader.
Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup process.
Connect the Meter Reader to the AMS Meter
The meter easily connects to the HAN port on your modern AMS electricity meter, which you can find in the fuse box.
With the Eva Meter Reader, you can retrieve real-time data and monitor your consumption directly on your smart home system.
- Turn on the antenna
- Pull out the plastic tab
- Connect the network cable to the meter reader and the electricity meter.
Every time the meter reader receives data from the power meter, the LED light will indicate this with a short blue blink.
If the meter reader is not in pairing mode
- Remove the meter reader cover as described above to gain access to the push button.
- Press and hold the push button for more than 10 seconds to activate connection mode on the meter reader. When the button is released, the connection mode is indicated by the diode flashing blue rapidly three times followed by a 1 second pause).
- Put your hub in connect mode and wait for the meter reader to pair with the hub.
- Open the cover of the Meter Reader as described above to get access to the push button.
- Hold the push-button on the Meter Reader for more than 10 seconds to reset the Meter Reader and start pairing mode.
Pairing mode is indicated by the LED with 3 short blue blinks every second.
Message from electricity meter received
Repeating: 3 short blinks, 1 second off
1 second on/off toggle
|Blue||Up to 10 medium blinks||
Leave network: Meter Reader has been removed from the Zigbee network. Pattern will change to pairing mode pattern
Zigbee connection lost
|Red||2 fast blinks||
Does not recognize message from meter
(Applies to software version 0.5 and up)
|Red||Blinks every 3 seconds||Lost Zigbee contact (Applies to version 0.5 and up in software)||OFF|
Using the button
|Press for more than 10 seconds||Factory reset||Resets Meter Reader to factory default and starts pairing mode
Note: A factory reset unpairs the Meter Reader from your gateway
Eva Meter Reader supports
- Eva Hub
- Home Assistant (Zigbee2mqtt)
Changing the batteries
- Remove the cover.
- Remove the old battery and insert a new one (CR123).
Note: The LED light will indicate a startup by alternating between flashing red and blue. The LED light will then flash red until the meter reader has restored communication with the hub.
- Put the cover back on the meter reader.
|No data from meter reader available||Cabling||Ensure that the cables are properly attached|
|No data from meter reader available||HAN port is not opened for traffic||Contact your power supplier to open the HAN port traffic|
|No data from meter reader available, meter reader is offline in app||Lost contact with the Zigbee network (may be due to the fuse box blocking signals from the meter reader)||
1. Add powered devices like a smart plug that acts as a repeater)
2.Attach the meter reader on the outside of the fuse box
3. Use an external antenna (WLAN/WIFII antenna that supports 2.4GHz and RP-SMA connector, can be purchased separately).
|The meter reader displays incorrect values||The electricity meter is not supported||
Contact your electricity provider and ensure that your electricity meter follows the OBIS list.
In the box
- Eva Meter Reader
- HAN port connection cable (standard LAN cable with RJ45 connectors)
- 1 CR123A battery
- User manual
Important safety information
For indoor use in dry environments only.
- Can be used in temperatures from 0º to 40º C.
- This product is not a toy. Keep out of reach of children.
- The product should not be placed near heat sources or directly in sunlight, as this can cause overheating.
- Use the correct battery type. Using the wrong battery entails a risk of fire and explosion.
- Do not use the device if it has visible damage.
- Dispose of the batteries according to the instructions.
- Failure to follow the recommendations in this manual may be dangerous or cause legal offences. The manufacturer will not be held responsible for any loss or damage.
Information on disposal for users of waste electrical & electronic equipment
This symbol on the product and accompanying documents means that used electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) should not be mixed with general household waste. For proper treatment, recovery and recycling, please take this product to designated collection points where it will be accepted free of charge. Alternatively, in some countries, you may be able to return your products to your local retailer upon purchase of an equivalent new product.
Disposing of this product correctly will help save valuable resources and prevent any potential negative effects on human health and the environment, which could otherwise arise from inappropriate waste handling. Please contact your local authority for further details of your nearest designated collection point. Penalties may be applicable for incorrect disposal of this waste, in accordance with your national legislation.
Software updates can be released by the manufacturer to fix bugs or enhance functionality after the product has been released. Updated software versions released will not impact continued compliance with applicable rules.
IP Class: IP 20 (indoor)
Radio protocol: Zigbee 3.0, HA 2.1
Frequency: 2400-2483,5 MHz (IEEE 802.15.4)
Transmission power: 9dBm
Operating temperature: 0 to +55 C
Storage temperature: 0 to +55 C
Operating voltage: DC 3V/42V
Declaration of Conformity
Datek Smart Home AS declares that the equipment described in this document, is in compliance with the essential requirements and other relevant provisions of EU Directive 2014/53/EU. If you require a copy of the original signed DoC, please visit https://hjelp.evasmart.no/hc/no or scan QR code that can be found on the packaging of this product and select documents for your product.
Datek Smart Home AS